Speech and Language Therapy in Abbotsford and Langley
About our Speech Language Therapy in Abbotsford and Langley
Our Speech Therapist in Abbotsford provides Speech-Language Pathology for both children and adults. We provide both children and adults with Speech-Language Pathology in Abbotsford and Langley. Our purpose is to help develop your ability to interact and express yourself and understand the language better.
Our Speech Pathologists in Abbotsford can diagnose a wide variety of communication problems and treat them. We help with speech disorders, such as developing vocabulary or grammatical skills, developing articulation skills or overall speech clarity, and expressive communication skills. We can also focus on receptive language skills to improve your ability to interpret and process data, follow orders, and understand and respond to questions. Our therapists will focus on social communication skills, reasoning, problem-solving, and executive functioning abilities with you.
We will also provide you with solutions that help you connect with the world around you. Sign language, PECS signs, or technology such as an iPad and Eye Gaze device may be used in this.
Our approach – it’s what makes us unique!
Vancouver Speech Therapy in Abbotsford and Langley area increases access to needed services, integrates treatment, and focuses on outcomes for people with all abilities, and recognizes and reacts to changing needs throughout their lives. Our professional staff at Speech Therapist in Abbotsford, work with customers collaboratively and independently and tailor services to their needs directly. Our programs can be delivered at our centre, at the homes of customers and schools, in the community, and in specialized housing environments. Working with the thought leaders in the fields, we perform our research and are dedicated to continuous learning to have the most successful possible therapies.
Speech Therapist in Abbotsford provide a range of services, including:
- Assessments-clinics for screening and full medical evaluations
- Community agencies, school boards, and government initiatives advisory services
- For people with developmental disabilities, day treatment services
- Medical (Pediatric Services) Treatments
- Direct treatment-individual care
- Group therapy: small and large group therapies
- Parent support groups
- Professional training and education for students
- Public information sessions
- Recreational programs
- Research projects
- Training events and workshops
- Tutoring services
Our Mission, Vision, Values for Speech Therapy in Langley and Abbotsford
We are ensuring that all Canadian citizens achieve optimum communication health.
Supporting and encouraging our stakeholders and associates to enhance the health of interaction for all Canadian citizens.
Speech Therapy in Abbotsford Communication Health applies to anything within the framework of audiology and speech-language pathology practice.
- Accountable – Board activities are responsible and transparent in fiscal terms.
- Evidence-based – The decisions are based on the latest information and analysis available.
- Inclusive – The diversity of cultures, locations, and activities of members and associates are considered.
- Member-driven – The interests of members and partners are expressed in decisions.
- Responsive – The strategic plan offers flexibility in adapting to emerging possibilities and mitigating the effects of external challenges.
- Visionary – Decisions are driven by the long-term interests of members, partners, and the public and are supported by social and political predictions and trends.
The vision statement helps to express the association’s priorities and principles. What is achievable and what the association aspires to is described in the vision. A vision must answer questions such as: what are the core principles of the organization, what is the justification for Vancouver Speech Therapy, how does it make a significant difference, and what initiatives are worth undertaking? The vision of an organization must transcend the established leadership.
The mission deals with the organization’s behavior and the current situation and provides an organization with guidance, and is the basis for all preparation. It is the starting point and needs to be practical for everyone. Typically, the mission describes the organization’s intent, acknowledges the stakeholders, indicates their needs, and implies the image the organization wants to project.
Services with Behaviour interventionist
The BCBA ® will periodically monitor and modify all services provided by your therapist according to the most specific criteria set by either the Behaviour Analytic Certification Board (BACB) and the funder. A behavioral therapist can work with your child at Vancouver Speech Therapy for a minimum of 7.5 * hours per week in your home, in the therapy center, or a variation of both. The detailed/specialized Behaviour Intervention package offers regular family meetings. In these sessions, parents will collaborate with the BCBA ® to improve their child’s current goals and develop new ones.
We can help with:
- Assessment of baseline abilities using industry-standard instruments.
- Creation of a structured curriculum that focuses on the learning of skills in various fields (e.g., participating skills, visual skills, listening skills, imitation, development of speech / vocal communication, asking, labeling, interaction/conversation abilities, cognitive abilities, group skills, social skills, pre-academic and academic skills, fine and gross motor skills, self-help skills, and activities).
- Identification of problem behaviors (i.e., those that interfere with learning or affect the individual) and implementing action strategies for behavior.
One on One services with Clinicians (BC, SLP, OT)
Speech Therapist in Abbotsford and Langley provides one on one services with our team of specialist clinicians such as Behaviour Consultants (BC), Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP), and Occupational Therapists (OT). Our Speech Pathologist in Abbotsford offers evaluation and care for people with issues about speech, language, communication, and social skills. Our counseling meets best practice principles where intervention goals are independently defined, progress is regularly assessed against objectives, and results are frequently shared with parents/clients.
Group therapy (Social and Life Skills)
We offer several different recreational services at Speech Therapy in Abbotsford to impaired people by any behavioral, communication, learning, and developmental delay. Our groups run clinicians participating in or in receipt of a Master’s degree program. A short parent and individual review and goal setting session are included in all our groups. An individualized curriculum is planned, and goals are focused on in a peer group with common objectives.
One on One tutoring with a Behavior interventionist
We provide one-on-one tutoring sessions with a behavioral interventionist who adheres to a recommended behavior plan as part of the recovery program. Our Behavior Consultants (BC’s) formulate and track this plan and can include goals from the Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) and Occupational Therapist (OT).
Under 6 Social skills group
In traditional community environments, this group focuses on learning the social skills required to communicate effectively. Comprehension of others’ viewpoints, feelings, values, and intentions, and emotional control, and knowledge of oneself and others are the skill areas addressed.
Spring break and Summer camps
Regular group events that will expand your child’s interests and opportunities build relationships with the community and make new friends!
1283 Howe St., Vancouver,
BC, V6Z 1C1.