Teletherapy, Speech and Language Therapy in Victoria BC
We, the Victoria speech therapy, are a team of experts in Victoria, BC that is always there to help. Our highly skilled therapists support neurologically challenging children and adults. Over the past couple of years, we have supported thousands of neurologically disabled adults and children. We are focused on analysis. Our neuroplasticity analysis, the brain’s astonishing capacity to grow, adapt, and learn, influences what we do. This truth is how we handle ourselves with optimism, inspiration, and unstintingly. We never settle. We continuously explore innovative therapies, learn new technology, and find new processes and environments to solve the challenges faced by our customers.
Services of Vancouver Speech Therapy for Children
We deliver assessment and recovery programs in our new Victoria, Richmond, and Burnaby Centers at our Vancouver Speech Therapy Centre. We give a first free consultation on the needs and ways of supporting your child.
If your kid is on the speech and language services waiting list at your county health unit, it could help you get started with private treatment in advance. Was your child getting speech and language therapy in their school but not achieving their goals? To achieve these goals more effectively, you can need a block of private intensive therapy. You could have extended insurance coverage for speech-language therapy or check out our funding page to see whether you are eligible for funding.
Individual and small group counselling
We also have individual and small group counselling for children and adolescents with autism that focuses on social communication skills. We implement the Social Thought curriculum and help people navigate the social world around them.
We assess and treat:
- Brain injury
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Developmental language disorder
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Language delay (late talkers)
- Narrative skills (oral story re-telling/creating)
- Phonological awareness
- Phonological delays/disorders
- Pragmatic/social language
- Reading, writing, and spelling delays
- Speech or language delay due to hearing loss
- Speech sound delays/disorders
- Voice disorders
The most common speech disorder that affects speed, flow, and rhythm of speech is known as fluency disorder. In this disorder, unexpected stops interrupt speech, word reputations such as the b-b-boy. Two most examples of fluency problems are cluttering and stuttering. An individual is speaking fast in cluttering and combining phrases. While in stuttering, a person has difficulty getting out a sound that is distorted, interrupted, or all words are repeated.
Services for Children with Autism
At the Vancouver Speech Therapy Center, we are passionate about delivering high-quality and research-based therapy with a strong emphasis on parent engagement and coaching. This can be an outstanding addition to your child’s behavioural modification program. We interact with children with autism in several models, based on age and individual developmental status, and language. We will have an initial free consultation to address your child’s needs and how we can help.
Services for Adults
We evaluate and manage adults with a wide variety of communication needs. You may have extended insurance benefits that include speech and speech therapy. Would you like to increase your interpersonal skills to represent yourself more effectively at work, display trust, demonstrate skills, and feel more positive about making social relationships at home or in the workplace? We may help develop communication skills for social and organizational purposes.
Why Vancouver Speech Therapy in Victoria?
Vancouver Speech and Language Therapy is an organization committed to improving our patients’ capacity to be influential leaders, experts, and communicators via the development of interactive speech and language skills.
- Our methods focus on the science of speech pathology, produce precise outcomes.
- Lose Your Fear of Public Expression – Vancouver Speech therapy has the answer.
- We use the combined expertise of Speech Therapy and Radio & Television Arts to deliver dynamic speakers and presentations.
- The Digital Speech Labs allows you to see and hear the speech changes instantly.
- Our proprietary evaluation process is customized to your program.
- We have an outstanding track record – 98 percent of our clients have achieved excellent measurable outcomes in transparency, strength, style, and trust.
- Our customized materials – make our work specifically relevant to your life and work.
Speech therapy in Victoria can be done in a small group or classroom, based on the speech impairment. It also depends largely on the age, needs, and level of communication of the infant.
We offer several forms of speech therapy in Victoria
For those who have completed a publicly supported speech and language therapy block via VGH and would like to explore more therapy or maintenance, please contact us to discuss the options.
- Accent reduction
- Articulation (pronunciation of speech sounds)
- Cognitive communication therapy (brain injury recovery)
- Concussion recovery
- Fluency therapy (stuttering)
- General and social communication skills for work and social purposes.
- Hearing loss
- In-clinic or community swallowing assessments and treatment (dysphagia)
- Language (vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, etc.…)
- Social communication/pragmatic language therapy for adults with Autism or Asperger’s
- Voice and speech therapy for neurological conditions (e.g., Parkinson’s, Multiple sclerosis)
- Voice therapy: voice disorders, projecting voice for work, increasing expression in your voice, & head and neck cancer.
The Vancouver Speech Therapy Solution
Language and Speech pathologists in Vancouver Speech Therapy have strategies and methods for children and parents to handle speech therapy at home.
1283 Howe St., Vancouver,
BC, V6Z 1C1.